Tuesday, January 25, 2011

These Are a Few of My Favorite (Oscar) Things:

  • Dogtooth made it to Best Foreign Language Film!!!!!
  • John Hawkes got in for Winter's Bone.
  • Toy Story 3 got 5 nominations! I still don't get how is it that Wall-E still seems to be the most nominated animated film ever if it didn't even make it to Best Picture back in the sad '08. But whatever: Pixar is perfection!
  • Despite the odds Nicole Kidman received her third Best Actress nomination! She's my second favorite in the category after swan lady. Also, is it me or is this the first time in ages that the Leading Actor and Actress categories are all made up by extremely good looking people?
  • Outside the Law, which I haven't seen, got in Best Foreign Language Film despite France's outrage at it even being considered.
  • Unlike last year, I truly love 1/3 of the Best Picture nominees. I'd kicked out The King's Speech, Inception and the obnoxious 127 Hours in a heartbeat though but hey at least neither of them is The Blind Side.
How about you? were you particularly thrilled about anyone? How awesome is it that Jacki Weaver made the final cut over Mila Kunis?

No comments:

Post a Comment