Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sheet-y Saturday.

Where we take a look at posters for upcoming features.

Color me unimpressed with both the trailer and poster for The Help. Supposedly this is some sort of Oscar vehicle for the lovely Emma Stone but it simply looks like an average made for TV movie or late 80's drama a la Driving Miss Daisy.
The cast looks terrific (am I the only one who thinks Bryce Dallas Howard is seriously underrated?) but still, meh?
The poster continues the path of serious meh-ness featuring its leading ladies in positions to represent segregation. Emma Stone's cute look is priceless, the rest not so much.

A poster like this could make me go see ANY movie it was advertising. Gotta love the Saul Bass nod, the classy and classic tagline and even if I don't know who anyone in the cast is, I'm excited about this one!


Excited about Blame? How would you help The Help?

No comments:

Post a Comment