Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sheet-y Saturday.

Where we take a look at posters for upcoming features.

I am the first to criticize Hollywood's laziness in re-releasing their classics in 3D but I'm also the first to jump overboard just to show how much they love Titanic. This is the movie that made me fall in love with the idea of movies as things that transcend time and space. My tastes may have become more sophisticated since, give me a break I was 11, but I still defend this movie's corniness whenever people attack it.
See this poster for example, the ridiculous pink skies and the ship in movement, suggest something straight out of a bad Asian hologram postcard or a cheesy karaoke video, but there is something about the tacky embossed logo, or the doe-eyed looks in Leo and Kate's faces that just goes "click". It's sigh inducing and nostalgic all at once.

How do you feel about this re-release?

No comments:

Post a Comment